NEWS Southwest flight returns to gate to inform a passenger her son is in coma

awpswa738c

Southwest Airlines is getting a lot of positive attention after they did something truly awesome for one of their passengers when they learned her son was in a coma.

Peggy Uhle was already settled in her seat on a flight from Chicago, Illinois, to Columbus, Ohio. The plane was ready for take-off, but it suddenly turned back towards the gate. That’s when a flight attendant approached her and informed her that she needed to get off the plane.

“I figured I was on the wrong plane,” said Peggy. “The gate agent told me to check in at the desk and when I did she told me to call my husband.” That’s when she learned from her husband that her son, who lives in Denver, Colorado, had suffered a head injury and was in a coma.

Before she even got off the plane, Southwest Airlines had already made her arrangements for her. “The gate attendant already knew the situation and had booked me on a direct flight to Denver that was leaving in the next two hours,” said Peggy. The airline also didn’t charge Peggy any additional service fees.